This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Friday, February 4, 2011

Tender Heart

#2 has such a gift for empathy. He feels, in his little soul, how others feel. If we ever tell a story about something sad, he talks to us for hours about how if he were there, he would have helped/done things differently. 

The other day we took #3 to the doctor for his 4 year old shots. It was so sad. I had to hold him down while they poked him 4 times. He was wailing and my heart hurt for him...he's a pretty tough kid usually. When he was done and sniffling in my lap, #2 gave him a hug and knelt down at his feet and lovingly put his boots on for him saying in a high, sweet voice, "Are you okay buddy?" He carried #3s books and pictures and kept checking on him and reminding him of the treat to come.

We stopped at the store to get some much needed sugar and #2 walked with his little arm around #3s shoulders. He turned to me and said, "Mom, I just feel so sorry for him. When he was getting his shots, I felt so sad for him that I started crying too, so I put the book over my face so the doctors wouldn't see me."

My heart swelled inside. He is such a sweet, kind and soft kid. True, brotherly love.

No comments:

Post a Comment