This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pardon the Interruption

Remember that fun Christmas chain? We had a little interruption...Mr. #2 got sick, I mean really sick. Puking every 15-30 minutes for 20 hours, then on and off for another 4 days. This little guy has no fat storage to keep him going. It was so sad. He was in serious pain. So, instead of wild Christmas festivities, everything was put on hold and instead we watched a lot of TV, ate a lot of saltines, and just felt sorry for our little guy.

#2 is such a champ too. Trying so hard to be brave, feel better and be helpful. My heart ached for him and his little body. At one point he turned to me with tears in his eyes, hanging over the toilet and in a sweet, sad voice said, "Mom, can't to do something? Can you find something to make me feel better? It hurts so much!"

I felt so helpless, willing to do anything to take his pain away, but I knew I couldn't. I'd been where he was before and understood what he was going through. But I knew his body had to rid itself of whatever was making him so ill...there was no magic fix.  I knew he'd feel better, at some point. I reflected on how painful it must be to have a child that physically suffers often, and then perhaps because of the Christmas season, I thought about how our Savior must feel when our lives are painful and hard. He's been there, He understands and wants so much to take our pain from us, but He can't take it anymore than I could take Parker's from him. He can support us, hold our hands and help us through, but take it away, He cannot. He knows that we must work our way through it and that it will, in time,  get better.
I'm grateful for what I've had to work through and the lessons I've learned from it. I'm grateful my Savior is always there buoying me up. I'm grateful for generally healthy children and that we all feel better right before Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment