This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lamest Valentine's Day Ever

I've been reading about amazingly fantastic Valentine's Day celebrations and crafts all week, so I had to put ours out there too:

*When Mike's asked me the week before, "We're really not doing anything for Valentine's day?" I said, "Nope, we're really not. I'm trying to plan/make it to 3 class parties and I have to teach 2 Zumba classes...that's pretty much all I can handle. Plus, I don't want to try and find a babysitter or rush home and get showered and dressed." He was a bit in shock, but he knew I was serious.

*The boys each got new basketball shorts and a box of Jelly Bellies with a handritten Valentine on a piece of pink construction paper from me when they woke up...I didn't even cut it in the shape of a heart

*Jace made everyone in the family really cute Valentine cards...that I forgot to get pictures of before we threw them away

*My kids had store bought valentines (no photos, no homemade suckers, no party bags...I know, failure)...even better, when we were assembling them the night before, I realized that we bought nerds and all the cards said things like, "Here's lookin at you nerd." Hopefully the parents understood.

*I helped plan and administer 2 big school Valentine celebrations and made it to the very end of one (one of the reasons for our lack of family celebrations)

*I taught 2 Zumba classes and felt particularly exhausted after the last one...did you know Valentine's Day is not a REAL holiday where people take the day off from exercise?

*We had no dinner plans...Mike made heart pancakes and we drank red smoothies together...not a bad improv. The kids were pleased.

*We had family night and hung out together and it turned out to be a really nice, low-key night. Exactly what I was looking for.

*We put the kids to bed and Mike got out his laptop to study for a huge midterm, I got my book out and pretended to read until I fell dead asleep at 9:30. Romantic huh?

Well, there is always next year, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment