This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Best Salad Ever

I love to cook...not bake (too much measuring and no way to fix a mess) and rarely does my stuff look pretty, but it always tastes good...especially salsads. I got this recipe from Aimee Hada and twisted it up a bit and it was a huge hit at the last shower I went to, so I thought I'd share. The dressing is so fun and different, you might want to drink it.

Chopped Salad:
1 head of Romaine, thinly shredded
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
3 ears of cooked corn, sliced off ear (or 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained)
2 avocado, chopped
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 large mango, chopped
4 oz. feta cheese
1/2 bag of tortilla chips, crumbled

Lime-Cumin Vinegarette:
9 limes, juiced
almost 1 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground chili powder
2 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder

Mix lettuce and cilantro, then top with the rest of the ingredients. Shake the dressing together then toss with the salad. You won't need all the dressing, so save some for later!

It's easier than it looks and so good. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment