This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Grateful.

Last Saturday my oldest was baptized, and I'm still having a hard time getting my feelings togther...I guess grateful sums it up.

Grateful for a church that baptizes at 8 years old by immersion...it's the age of accountability and the way Christ was baptized. I couldn't imagine it any other way.
Grateful to see the growth and understanding in my son during the last 6 months that allowed both him and me to know that he was ready to make this commitment to God.
Grateful he was serious and studious about this decision.
Grateful he continutes to take it seriously.
Grateful his dad was worthy and willing to baptize and confirm him. Watching them together makes me so happy.
Grateful he could receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. I cannot imagine going through life without the guidance of the spirit.
Grateful his grandparents could be there and come from so far away to participate in the program with talks, songs, and help with ordinances. It would have felt empty without them. He loves them both so much.
Grateful Mitch and Kelly live close by and did all they could to help him understand what a special day it was.
Grateful for a distant cousin who has made us a part of her family and been willing to be a part of ours.
Grateful for the love we felt from far away family.
Grateful for the darling book of remembrance that was created at the baptism with testimonies and notes from those there and far away.
Grateful for the many others who helped us that day with food, set up and clean up. I don't know what I would have done without the support.
Grateful that almost my entire ward (we are small but mighty) showed up to support him on this great day. I can't express the love I felt from people I've only known for 6 months as they celebrated the wonderful day with our family.
Grateful that he has kind and loving primary teachers and scout leaders who constantly show their love and faith in him. We couldn't be any luckier.
Grateful for my husband's spiritual example in our home and for his belief that kids can understand more, sit still longer, and learn more about the scriputures and the gospel than I would ever expect them to. I married a giant and I'm so glad he's the example for my boys.
Grateful for the many gifts, letters and words of encouragement given to him.
Grateful for my mom and Kelly as they helped fix food for about 80 after the baptismal service. Everything was fresh and delicious and our way of saying thanks for all the support from so many.
Grateful for all the help cleaning up...we have some great work horses as family and friends and I feel incredibly blessed.
And, oh, so grateful for my sweet boy. I often feel unworthy as I try to raise such a determined, spiritual, in tune, and wonderful boy. I hope he knows how proud I am to be his mom...for him, I'm grateful everyday.

To see the ridiculous amount of pictures that go along with this post, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment