This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Could he really be....8?

Yes, he can be. I can't believe it; it's like I'm entering a whole new parenting life and I surely don't feel old enough to have an 8 year old. A friend of mine said it best..."It's really strange when your child turns an age you vividly remember." I feel the same way, a little incredulous, a little nostalgic, a little proud, and a lot excited for the years to come. He's an amazing boy.

On Friday he had his traditional breakfast with dad and a trip to Target for one present. For his party this year (the day before his birthday), he invited 3 friends (only 2 could come), plus his brothers and we had a pizza lunch and cake then took the crew glow in the dark golfing. Made me wonder why in the world I've always done home parties...it was easy, not too pricey and we all had a great time, me included...no decor, no stress, no clean up and gift bags were 2 king size candy bars of their choice, awesome all around. My kind of party.

To see lots of cute pictures and more of the birthday celebration, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment