This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Delectably Delicious

Baking is a real chore for me, so when I find an awesome dessert that is foolproof and crazy good, I have to share. This Chocolate Caramel Delights recipe I got from my uncle gets rave reviews every time, and it's fast and easy. Plus, they are best if you make them the day before and all the ingredients can settle in. Enjoy!

Chocolate Caramel Delights


1 1/2 cups flour

1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed

1 1/8 cups melted butter or margarine

14 ounce bag caramels (48)--I've also used the little caramel balls

1/2 cup whipping cream

1 12 ounce package milk chocolate chips--use the good ones

In a large bowl combine first 6 ingredients to make mix. Melt caramels and whipping cream in a saucepan over low heat. Sprinkle 1/2 of mix into 9 x 13 ungreased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips over baked mixture and top with melted caramel mixture; sprinkle remaining mix on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Allow at least a few hours to cool and settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment