This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Monday, May 16, 2011

Why I loved being a mother this Mother's Day

To see the full post, click here

*3 boys who made me breakfast all on their own before 9 am church

*Handmade cards and art projects.

*A husband who wouldn't let me do anything.

*Beautiful, new, planted flowers out our front door.

*A fabulous, yellow diaper bag for my present (it was a computer case, so lots of pockets, plenty big, all waterproof, and super cute for $25 from TJ Maxx).



*An incredible church service that inspired me to rejoice in my strengths as a mother and strive to be the woman God knows I can be. Many of the shared words came from this perfect message http://lds.org/liahona/1988/03/but-one-thing-is-truly-needful?lang=eng&query=one+thing+truly+needful

*Mothers, all around, who have taught and guided me on my journey. I'm in awe of so many women and mothers in my life.

*Talking to all of our moms and grandmothers to wish them a happy day. I love that there are a few days each year where you really feel the need to express gratitude and connect.

*A really fabulous mothering year, though far from perfect, this year much of our persistence during difficult times with our kids seems to be paying off a bit as I see them grow.

*The chance to be a mother, again. It's such a blessing and we are so excited.

*A husband who is a full partner and huge support in my mothering efforts...couldn't ask for better.

*Spending time with my mom on Mother's Day for the first time in so many years I cannot count. Everyday I feel so blessed to be her daughter and that my kids get to have her as a grandmother. Honestly, each year she amazes me more and just keeps getting better. Ever heard the phrase, "How does she do it?" I think someone coined that after they met my mom. She serves tirelessly...I can't keep up with her. She is the most "anxiously engaged in a good cause" woman I know. She hardly sleeps. She's never sick enough to stop going. I've never, in my life, seen her take a nap. She supports and loves me and builds me up when I am weak. She gives until you wonder what is left for her. Even at 31, when she visits she takes care of me and my family and I hardly lift a finger. Having her here is like a glorious break, but you know everything is being perfectly taken care of, better than you could ever do I just love her so much and am so grateful to be her daughter!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you wrote- "How does she do it?" I think someone coined that after they met my mom.
    Love that diaper bag too!

    ReplyDelete