This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Sunday, May 22, 2011

The rest of a great visit

Oh, how I love having my parents in town! For some reason, it was especially fun this time. To see the post with all the photos, click here There were so many fantastic, uncaptured moments, but here is a little snapshot of what we were up to:

Baseball
Both my parents were so happy to be able to see a few games and the boys were so happy to be able to show off. My parents love watching the little guys play sports.

Best sports ever! Mitch and Kelly are so good to my kids.


Cub Scouts
There is an area by our house in the common area that is getting worked on, so there is caution tape to try and keep the kids out of the area. When Jace arrived home from cub scouts one night, he stepped in the dirt, and I reminded him not to. Then, my mom said, "That's not what a good cub scout would do."

So, Jace proceeds to say that he is going to be an example of a good cub scout and do a "good turn." He goes inside and gets tape and fixes all the caution tape that kids have torn down and ties and tapes it back to the posts...all the while telling my mom, "I just don't understand why parents don't watch their kids around here and tell them not to take the tape down or walk in this area. I mean, it's just not that hard to watch your kids." (Please keep in mind what he was doing just 5 minutes earlier).



Then, he comes inside and says to me, "Mom, grandma just paid me the nicest compliment. She said, 'If all the cub scouts in the world were just like you, the world would be a better place. I told her, 'You are exactly right.'"

Life is never dull with Jace!





A Lost Tooth
Parker has been wiggling his front tooth forever, and it finally came out! The he lost it again in the car, so he had to write a note to the tooth fairy. Luckily, she still came through!



Mitch's Law School Graduation
Technically, the whole reason they came to visit was for Mitch's law school graduation from Michigan State University. I was so glad to be there! We are all so proud of him.





This was his sorry attempt at a jumping photo. I'm sure he'll be glad he at least did a fist pump.

Jace's Art Show
My parents really hit the timing jackpot and got to see a piece of Jace's artwork displayed in the University of Michigan Art Show. It was really cool to see his name up there along with lots of other kids from around the city. It was a big honor!




The masterpiece

Marathon of Fun

On Saturday we had a marathon day of fun...outside play, bagels, art show, then the boys went to a movie while the girls shopped for a minute, then miniature golfing and out to dinner. Whew! It was a blast and we are so grateful that my parents could be here and keep us company and provide endless hours of entertainment for our kids.

In fact, my kids are pretty sure that they would like to have their grandparents as parents..."they always say, yes!"  or "Grammy said" or "Just let Grandma be the boss" were a few of the new mantras around here. Sadly enough, they are all true and it's  super fun when they come to visit. I'm a little worried about coming down off such a fun week. We were also so glad to have Mitch and Kelly with us almost the whole time. They are the greastest, most fun, patient and loving aunt and uncle. We wish they weren't moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment