This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Friday, May 20, 2011

Our Trip to Holland

Holland, Michigan that is. The first day my mom was here, we decided to be adventurous and head 2 1/2 hours to Holland, Michigan for the Tulip Festival. I'd heard it was something you had to do at least once while you were here.

We spent most the day at Dutch Village and the kids had an amazing time. When we got there, I thought we'd be lucky to spent one hour there, but my boys loved it and we stayed for 4 hours. I'm always pleasantly surprised when it takes very little for my kids to be amused and have fun.  There is a major overload of pictures on this post, but they were so cute, I couldn't resist!! To see them all, click here!



There were beautiful flowers everywhere





The stork is their national bird...how appropriate! My belly at 20 weeks.



fun shoes




James kept his on forever!



These were the elderly Dutch dancers. My boys were NOT impressed.




They also loved these baby ducks in the pond



After the village, we drove to downtown Holland to explore the tulips and finished just in time for the rain to start. It was a GREAT day!





1 comment: