This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Friday, March 29, 2013

Spotlight on Parker at 8 years old


My favorite food is: quesadillas and pizza
My favorite sport is: soccer and baseball
The best show on TV is: Avatar
The coolest person in the world is: mom, of course
My best subject in school is: math
I'm really awesome at: piano and reading
If I could change my name, it would be: Ang
My favorite color is: dark blue
When I grow up I want to be: an artist and a police officer
My parents are too strict about: when we don't obey the first time and picking our stuff up
My favorite song is: Stereo Heart by Maroon 5
My favorite book is: Harry Potter
When we stop for a treat, I get this: ice cream
4 words that describe me are:  smart, athletic, artistic, good friend
When I was little, I used to: play with balls a lot
My favorite scripture story is:  Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy.
My favorite primary/church song is: I am a Child of God (all 4 verses)
My favorite season is: spring
The best snack ever is: blueberries, pretzels and graham crackers
The food that makes me want to barf is: sweet potatoes
The car I would love to drive when I turn 16 is: grandpa's convertible Porshe
My best friends are: Cade, Sam, Josh, Carson
The cutest girl I know is: mom
The most memorable day this year was: playing basketball for the first time
If I had one wish it would be: there would be no poor people
The best thing that has happened to me this year is: going to St. George
One thing I want to learn to do this year is:  to master art
One thing I need to work on is: picking up more
The most important lesson I've learned this year is: don't lie or the consequences will be bigger

Oh Parker, we just love you so much. I can't even tell you how blessed we feel to be your parents. You are an amazing child with the kindest heart. I love watching how you treat others and how you respond to those in need. You are always so close to the spirit and try so hard to do the right thing. You are a hard worker at everything. It has been such a joy to watch you discover the piano this year. You are doing so amazingly well at it and practice hard. I can see how much you love it and it makes me so happy. You have also blossomed into quite the artist. I amazed at what you can already to with a pencil and paper. You have so many gifts! My favorite thing about you is your interest in EVERYTHING. I do not have enough money or time to put you into everything you think would be fun and worthwhile. You want to try it all. I can't wait to see what you end up doing. One thing we tease you about is how SLOW you are. You are our turtle but we love you. You are also pretty silly and goofy around us and your dancing cracks us up. You can be a total nerd, and we just laugh and laugh. You are a very smart boy who has progressed so much this year. You have read 5 Harry Potter books and love them. You love reading just about everything. Your teacher pushes you to be your best and you accelerate in that environment. You grasp everything quickly and are willing to work hard. I love it. You have been an awesome basketball and soccer player this year. You are so little and kind, it is almost shocking to watch you on the court or field morph into someone so aggressive and driven. You have lots of friends and girls and boys like you a lot. You are a good friend and the kid everyone gets along with. That is a great quality. You are a great brother. You are so much fun with Jace and James and you are so sweet to Pierce. He loves you and looks for you all the time. You are learning to be a good helper and good worker. You are getting baptized in a few weeks and you are so excited! I am so grateful for your faithful heart and believing spirit. You are already a wonderful member of the church and example of Jesus. We just can't get enough of your cute smile and freckles. You are such a joy to our family. We love you more than you guess! 

No comments:

Post a Comment