This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Sunday, March 25, 2012

An Interview with Parker on his 7th Birthday

To see the full post, click here

My favorite food is: quesadillas and pizza
My favorite sport is: futsal
The best show on TV is: Phineas and Ferb
The coolest person in the world is: Mimi and Papa and Grandma and Grandpa
My best subject in school is: rocket math
I'm really awesome at: soccer
If I could change my name, it would be: Peter
If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go: I'd go back in time to see the Native Americans
My favorite color is: dark blue
When I grow up I want to be: a policeman and a doctor
My parents are too strict about: me making drumming sounds
My favorite song is: My Heart's a Stereo
My favorite book is: Magic Tree House Series
3 words that describe me are: fast, helpful, determined
When I was little, I used to:  like balls
My favorite scripture story is: Nephi killing Laban
My favorite primary song is: Armies of Helaman
My favorite season is: summer
The best snack ever is: Junior Mints
The food that makes me want to barf is: my list is too long
My best friend is: Drake and Cole
If I had one wish it would be: that nobody would be poor
The best thing that has happened to me this year is: playing futsal with dad as my coach
One thing I want to learn to do this year is: get better at tennis and play hockey
One thing I need to work on: eating more food
The most important lesson I've learned this year is: never give up

Parker, what is not to love about you buddy? You are a such a great kid. You are kind, concerned and determined. You have a real gift of sensing the needs of others and you respond with love and care. When Mom is having a hard day, you immediately start cleaning up or trying to help without being asked. At school this year, we were so proud of you when some of your friends wouldn't let another boy play and you stood up for him. You said he could, then the friends still wouldn't let him, so you talked to the recess aide and decided to go do something else with him instead of go back and play with your friends. We couldn't have been more proud of what you did in that situation.  I hope the world always treats you as kindly as you treat others. You are a wonderful brother, always willing to help, assist and compromise. You are tough, fast, athletic and coordinated and we love watching you do new things with that little body of yours. You are studious and smart. Your report card this year was absolutely glowing about your intelligence, your effort and your behavior. You always do your best work and are careful and wise. You are artistic and extremely interested in EVERYTHING. After 75 minutes learning about how maple syrup is made, the rest of us were ready to go and you still wanted to stay until the very end. We love that about you. You make us laugh with your goofy dancing, loud drumming and funny faces and you are still a horrible eater, but you are improving and we appreciate you trying new things. We cannot believe you are already 7! We are so grateful to be your parents and look forward to each new year with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment