This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Faith Builders


As you get older, you realize that you are not going to remember all the amazing, faith building stories that mean so much to you in the moment, so I've decided to write them down as often as possible so I don't forget.

One of our friends was recently baptized into our church. He doesn't often have to work on Sunday but a few Sunday's ago he had to be at a banquet for his job. Before he left, his boss called and asked him if he could stop by the store and grab a few things. He answered, "Sure. I'll call you when I get close." He knew he had to be at the event for his job, but he didn't want to break the Sabbath in any other way, so he prayed to Heavenly Father and asked, "Please help me to be able to keep the Sabbath holy."

When he got to the store he said he would stop at, his boss said, "It's okay, we already got what we needed."

I loved this story for lots of reasons...his faith that Heavenly Father would help him do what was right; his desire to keep the commandments as closely as he possibly could; his strength in not rationalizing by saying, "I've already ruined the Sabbath, why not?"; his good example of keeping the Sabbath day holy in your heart, even when life doesn't allow you to strictly keep it holy.

Such a great example of simple and real faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment