This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Leaving? Must party!

Want more photos? Click here!

I am constantly amazed by Mike's sensitivity toward me and my feelings. He understood how hard this move was going to be for me as I cried to him for over 24 hours as I thought about leaving a place I loved so much, where I had grown and changed and loved so many.

I was only in town for one night but he planned a surprise party where I was able to see and say good-bye to all those women who had meant so much to me. It made leaving so much easier and better and I will be forever grateful to him for loving me enough to put my feelings and happiness first during such a crazy time.

It was such a sad/happy night as I was able to say good bye to those I loved so much and who have loved me unconditionally in return.

We didn't own this house, but we surely made it ours with photos, decorations, and lots and lots of happy memories. 


This beautiful backyard was the source of lots of soccer matches, baby pools, gardens, kickball games, marshmallow snowball fights, real snowball fights, firefly watching, and endless BBQs and friendships. Something we will always treasure.
!
These ladies made Michigan feel like home: Elizabeth Finkenbeiner, Mandy Tousa, Karen Mitten, Kali Stacy, Lisa Elms, Linda Lehrman, Brandy Boehm, and Jen Stavros

These ladies too! Karen Soderberg, Megan Hanks, Paula Alexis

And more! Marilyn Nielson, Diane Irwin, Melissa Orton, Paula Alexis, Karen Soderberg, Megan Hanks, Ginny Nobis, Rachel Bird and Myken Swaithes.

Some great friends gave me this darling print to hang and remember our time in Michigan. Can't wait to get it up.

I will always miss the gorgeous streets in Ann Arbor and Saline. They were all lined with wildflowers for most of the year. Every time I walked outside in Michigan I couldn't help but be stunned by the beauty and life all around me. Such a special part of the country.

Driving across country the first time was super fun with this crazy man. We listened to books, partied to music and talked and talked and talked. The second time in two weeks in a gigantic Penske was a bit less romantic. 


The next time I flew out, I was able to connect with Amy Strong who was a dear friend, Mia Maid counselor and visiting teaching companion. She was out of town during my last visit (but still helped plan the party), so when I came for one night, Mike sent me out with Amy and Jolene (who had just had a baby) while he hooked the car on to the trailer and packed some last minute items. It was so good to see them one more time and take a few photos of things I knew I would miss about Ann Arbor.

Me and Jolene with darling Avery Jane

We will so miss the school spirit in Ann Arbor and game days when every one wears blue and maize and says, "Go Blue!" to perfect strangers. It really is a magical town.


I will miss the history and character of every building and home in Ann Arbor. Honestly, the whole city is like one giant work of art.

We will miss the Big House, which is a serious presence in Ann Arbor. We will miss cheering along with 100,000 other fans for our team. It was a fantastic place to have boys and during the fall in Michigan, the excitement is palpable.

I will miss living in a town where art, music, diversity and culture is everywhere and fully appreciated. It was such a treat.

I will miss these lovely ladies who were there every time I needed anything. I learned so much from them! 


I will miss so much more and because of that, I am SO HAPPY that I have kept a record of our amazing time in Michigan. So grateful for everything we did and learned there and the relationships we made that will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment