This is a little taste of what we are up to! If you would like to be invited to our blog, please email me at brookeoromney (at) gmail (dot) com

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Twelve.

It's a bit of a pattern in our life...I worry and question and drag my feet and Mike forges ahead, grabs my hand and takes me on an adventure. In all honesty, what a boring life I would have created for myself without him. I have been blessed beyond what I ever thought possible because 12 years ago he chose me and I chose him. He's been better than the man I'd always hoped to spend eternity with. He loves me unconditionally and praises me for things other husbands just expect; he looks past my many faults and never harps on the little things I do that drive him crazy (leave drawers open, a consistently messy closet, my affinity for losing things). He's my my support and rock. If there is one thing my boys will do well, it's love their wife...it's the only example they've ever had and I couldn't ask for better. Even when things should be falling apart, it was always okay because we had each other.


December is busy but we always take the 22nd to celebrate us. There is nothing more important. We had a beautiful night...watched our wedding DVD with our kids (I decided that will be a tradition. I want them to know how much our marriage means to us and how fun it is. They asked, "Why do you take so many pictures and kiss so much?) and I took the chance to let them know how much I love their dad...Mike is really good about vocalizing his love and appreciation for me and I realized I need to do better. We had a short but fun night out (nursing 3 month old...on a 3 hour clock), ate Indian food, he got me a great necklace and earrings I like enough to keep :), stopped for a little ice cream and talked and talked and talked. I love our anniversary!

1 comment: